Older Weber Gas Grill Indentification

Brad W

TVWBB Super Fan
This is actually a work question. Does anyone have an internet resource for identifying older Weber gas grills? I work at an ACE Hardware store and has been placed in charge of the grill/bbq section of the store. Being that ACE is a Weber dealer, we have access to lots of parts.

My issue is that the owner doesn't want to carry a bunch of parts for older gas grills, he's wanting us to special order parts when needed, not carrying stock in store. I've had several people the last week or two needing new burners and flavorizer bars. Been guessing on which ones to order and have been successful in getting the right items so far, but luck runs out. I've talked with Weber and to actually match parts I need serial numbers if there are no other identifiers for the grill. One problem is that serial numbers can be in several locations depending on the model and year of the grill. Plus no one seems to hardly ever keep their paperwork (or it didn't come with a used grill purchase) or the number just isn't visible due to age (ran into this today.)

What I'm hoping for is that someone knows an internet site or such that I can pull up and have customers look at where we could narrow down which model they possibly may have so I can order parts with a better chance of being correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
Weber has something like this on their website that helps you visually identify your gas grill so you order the right parts:

http://store.weber.com/parts/gas/

Regards,
Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Chris, that will be helpful at work to bring up on the computer
icon_smile.gif

Back