I need the best BBQ wing recipe

TonyD

TVWBB Fan
I've been to Smokey Bones BBQ in Hilton Head, SC and had the best bbq wings. Does anyone have the recipe or something close?

Thanks
Tony

Note from Moderator: No URLs in signatures, please. Thanks!

I have smoked for 1.5-2 hours at 250. Then on to the grill (oil the grates) to crisp the skin.

Once your skin has crisped (not burned) toss in a bowl with your favourite sauce. Preheat the sauce so everything stays nice and hot.

My sauce is just a mix of butter, Franks Red hot, honey and a few spices. Make the sauce ahead and season as you like. DO NOT BOIL... you don't want to separate the fat in the butter.

Try this for a sauce:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec...gs-recipe/index.html

I have had it with traditional fried wings, and it is FANTASTIC.

I came up with a modified version I intend to test later this week, but I won't send you down that trail until I know it works
icon_smile.gif

I agree that wings should be eaten crispy, which begs the question; why bother using the WSM at all? Doesn't make sense to me. I just go with the OTS. Do you actually gain anything going from one to the other?

I have done mine on the WSM on high heat and they get pretty crispy after about an hour or so. For sauce, I've used the sauce on this link:

Wing Sauce

Pretty close to the traditional buffalo wing sauce.

Good luck.

Bob

I normally agree with the "crispy-wings" theory, however:

My Aunt made some wings that were simply:
-skinned
-put into a cakepan
-baked with a bit of Chinese 5-spice powder sprinkled over the top.
-baked at about 300 degrees until done.

I would bet that this could be improved with a bit of smoke on the WSM

Had 'em for an appetizer for the holidays. They disappeared awful quickly. Simple and tasty!

Back