Kentucky Fire Chicken

Boss Banks

TVWBB Pro
I was inspired by the recipe for Kentucky Fire Crackers to make this marinade for chicken.

This is the marinade that I generally use for 4-6 pounds of chicken:

1/2 Cup of white vinegar
2 Cups of water
2 packages of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
1/4 Cup of crushed red pepper
1/4 Cup of oil

This is the recipe if you want to make the marinade hotter (again for 4-6 pounds of chicken):

1 Cup of hot sauce
1 and 1/2 Cup of water
1/4 Cup of oil
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
1/4 Cup of crushed red pepper

Mix well.
Marinade chicken for at least an hour.

Seasoning for the chicken. Apply when placing the meat on the grill.

1 part seasoning salt (recipe to follow)
1 part Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
1/2 part chili powder
1/2 part cinnamon sugar
1/8 to 1/4 part cayenne (if not in your seasoning salt)

Cook the chicken at 375F-400F for crispy skin until desired doneness.

I recently posted the recipe with white vinegar as the base, but I wanted more heat. So I altered the recipe to use hot sauce. I did not cut the recipe with water to cut down the heat. I added water because I want a marinade and I do not want to "pickle" the meat. Add more hot sauce if you desire. I prefer wings and thighs. I cook them on indirect heat until they are very well done (190+ F). I want the meat to pull easily from the bone. This marinade should work well for breast meat as well. I make a a house seasoning (salt) that contains cayenne pepper. If you use one off the shelf, add cayenne as you desire. I spend a lot of time on here mostly reading posts. I have learned a lot from this forum, and I really thank all of the members for sharing their knowledge. I do not post very often, but I like this recipe and I hope others will enjoy it as well.

Here is my "house" seasoning recipe:

1 part salt
1 part onion powder
1/2 part black pepper
1/2 part white pepper
1/2 part granulated garlic
1/8 part cayenne pepper

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Back