Meat Grinder

Dan C

Im looking for any recommendations for a meat grinder. I was looking ar a Waring grinder and the Kitchen Aid attachment. I see good and bad reviews an most of the grinders on Amazon.

I'll be watching this closely... but I am looking for a manual grinder, not electric. As far as a recommendation, I've read that Northern Tool's electric is pretty good for their sale price of $99.00, but have no experience with ANY grinders....

I would love to find a good, cheap grinder myself. But I don't think such a thing exists.

I was using the KA attachment but there is a metal bushing inside that doesn't come out and after a while I started seeing some black specks when I ground meat so I stopped using it and got a cheap grinder. I was going to get the LEM grinder then Harbor Freight had theirs on sale for $40 so I took a chance. It works pretty good as long as I get most of the silver skin. I have only ground pork butts with it though. A friend at work has the LEM and he really likes it and I have heard other people say good things about it too. http://www.lemproducts.com/product/4259/electric-meat-grinders

I also have the Grizzly 5 LB sausage stuffer it is worth every penny, makes stuffing sausage a breeze.

kitchen aid one has been great for me. I'm not sure what metal bushing you are talking about. everything in my grinder comes apart.

I have the kitchen aid grinder attachment and let me say that if you're making sausage and stuff it, stay away. It is so tough to use for that, took me about 45 minutes to stuff about three feet of chicken sausage. Other than that though, it does a good job grinding with little smearing as long as it isn't warm.

After reading a lot of reviews on the Kitchen Aid and people complaining about metal in the food I decided to stay away from it. I never hear of LEM before but I'm starting to lean towards the LEM #8 based on a lot of reviews I've seen. On Amazon its only $103. I also found a dealer Game Smoker that's local but only sells online. Looks like Amazon is the best price.

I've been happy with my Kitchener grinder, too. $100, and you can buy through Amazon to support TVWB.

R

Back