Just picked up a Smokey Joe now need a pot

Russell Y

TVWBB All-Star
My best guess is that the diameter of Smokey Joes are all alike. I've read that some of the IMUSA pots size varies which results in an imperfect fit. Ideally what should the inside/outside diameter of the pot I should be looking for?

The Vasconia 32q pot is only 29.99 at Amazon right now but I have a Target and Walmart close by, so I can go there and bring my measuring tape.

Vasconia Pot from Amazon or measuring tape to Walmart and Target for IMUSA Pot?

Thanks

Take your Smokey Joe with you and check fit in the parking lot. Don't forget to check both the bottom and the top. Personally, I am not that adventurous. I would order the Vasconia from Amazon because you know it will definitely work.

Good luck with your build. Lookining forward to hearing how it turns out. I'm loving mine.

Russel, From what I REMEMBER, the IMUSA pots were manufactured in 2 locations. One location fit the SG perfectly, the other, not as well. (If my memory serves me correctly)The IMUSA pot you want should read made in China. As for the diameter, I'm not sure of the exact diameter. You can however go to Wal mart, grab an IMUSA pot and carry it over to the grill section and place it on the SG on display. This way , you'll know right away if the pot is a good fit or not.
Hope this helps and good luck,
Tim

Double-check how the SJ lid fits on the tamale pot.
As an FYI, the 32-qt Vasconias sold here aren't big enough for the SJ grate.

you live in whittier. there should be some mexican/asian stores there. i got some of mine from those stores. they fit perfectly and cost less.

Carrying the pot to the grill section in the store sure makes sense. The idea of going to the mexican/asian stores is a good idea.
KIS - first ...... keep it simple - last S left out due to strict language control of the board :)

Thanks.

Back