Delmonico's in 2010

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Picked up a couple very awesome lookin' Delmonico steaks from a local butcher shoppe. Seasoned (again) with only olive oil, L&P Worcestershire, Chicago seasoning, thin sliced garlic and fresh ground pepper.Halved a couple of Yukons for grillin' also...
Let the meat rest at room temps for awhile before searin' em on the OTG and the nearly red hot CIGs. Added some slivers of oak wood from wine barrels I received from Brian Moriarty just for a little smoke and it worked well!
Grilled the steaks about 4 minutes a side over high heat then set them aside for another 4 more minutes on the "cool" end of the Weber.
Served with the Yukons and steamed green beans after a short rest off the grill.
Very tasty and yummy!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for lookin'!

thanks guys...
ya know Jim, my brotherInLaw tells me I'm killin' myself, the way I'm eetin'...

I simply look at em an' mutter, "can't cook, can ya?"
icon_biggrin.gif

ya know... I'm such a dolt.

I buy this cheap, butt nice bottle of wine for dinner tonight... and I now think of it after Michele comments on how "perfect" it was. (thanks MP
icon_wink.gif
)

"Noblesse" by Gerry Mulligan now surrounds the brain.Think it's time for bed
icon_razz.gif

G'night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
thanks guys...
ya know Jim, my brotherInLaw tells me I'm killin' myself, the way I'm eetin'...

I simply look at em an' mutter, "can't cook, can ya?"
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim your killing me with that great looking plate
icon_smile.gif

Nicely done there Jim.

Holy Smokes Jim - Porterhouse on the 13th and Del Monico's on the 14th? I don't want to appear to be begging my friend but if you are ever in need of an addition to your clean-up crew, jot me a note in case there might be a left-over scrap or two. Another great looking meal Jim. Thanks for sharing the pics. Bob

Great looking steak dinner Jim. And thanks for the link to the butcher shop - I love these independent shops, even if I can't get there.

First off, fantastic looking meal. Mmmm. That is some good eating.

Also, a question about the term "Delmonico": What exactly is a Delmonico?

The reason I ask is because when I've researched it in the past there seems to be some disagreement about exactly what the term refers to. For instance, check out the Wikipedia entry for it here. It lists several cuts that have been called a Delmonico.

I notice on the butcher's site you linked to, they list "Delmonico Rib Eyes" so I'm guessing that's what you got. So what's the difference between that and a "regular" boneless rib eye?

Mainly just curious because I've heard some people absolutely rave about Delmonicos like they are the greatest cut of all time. But it's unclear to me what exactly they are referring to.

Thanks John, Jeff, and Mark
icon_biggrin.gif

Mark, next time your in town, we'll swing around to Ray's!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Another Bob B:
Holy Smokes Jim - Porterhouse on the 13th and Del Monico's on the 14th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob, Delmoni's were for Val day, the Porterhouse cook was done on the 8th. It's 'rare' that I have steak dinners so close to each other tho... but thank you!
Thanks Chris, when I was about 16 or so, my sister's first husband made Delmoni's and I never forgot how great it was. I've only bought them a few times since (seems like always from Ray's). The name I was told became famous from the restaurant in NY, as mentioned in your link.
As for the different cuts, I haven't an idea... I do know they are veryVERY good. Always rare!

Back