Hello from the Quad Cities (IL/IA)

Scotty T

Hey Guys, just stopping in and saying Hi. I bought a WSM 225 for xmas this year. I have had two successful cooks thus far. Did some ribs a few weeks back and just did some packer briskets this past weekend....it was 8° when i got up at 5am to get the cooker fired. Turned out great........and i'm loving the steady temps on the WSM.

Here's a few photos from the cook.
http://imgur.com/a/SuPBk

i try to document the process as much as i can.

Hope to learn a lot from everyone.
happy smokin'

sT

Hi Scotty,

Welcome to the forum and, yes, that brisket looks perfect. My Sis and BIL used to live in Moline and now live in Bettendorf. Wife and I try to visit them every summer. I love the area. All they have is a Weber Spirit but I've cooked some pretty mean steaks on it.

Hi Scotty,

Welcome to the forum and, yes, that brisket looks perfect. My Sis and BIL used to live in Moline and now live in Bettendorf. Wife and I try to visit them every summer. I love the area. All they have is a Weber Spirit but I've cooked some pretty mean steaks on it.

Thanks.....

Yep, I'm here in good ol' Moline. My wife and decided to stick around after college...so ill probably be here in the QCA for some time....unless an opportunity arises to move to CO. doubtful....

Back