Clint's Hot Wing Recipes

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I've officially blown away Buffalo Wild Wings, Wing Nutz, & my favorite, the Trolley Wing Co.

I have a few recipes and I'll add more as I come up with good ones.

As for the wings, I buy them local in SLC, UT at Harmons (grocery store). They're sold fresh, either in wingette or drumette packages. I personally prefer wingettes.

I cook them in the WSM, on the grill (OTP), on friend's gas grills, doesn't matter. For the most part I cook them in the oven @ ~375F for ~35 minutes, but charcoal & smoke adds something nice a lot of times. I just put the wings directly on the upper rack and shape aluminum foil into a grease catcher on the bottom rack.

Sauce recipes to follow.

Last edited:
This recipe would be called "Traditional Medium" (pretty hot for the uninitiated) at the Trolley Wing Co, but should be bearable for most.

When the wings are starting or halfway done, put 1/4 cup Franks Redhot Original (got it from Costco) in a sauce pan, 1 Tbsp dried minced onion, 1 Tbsp dried red pepper flakes, 1 Tbsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp black pepper. Warm it up then turn it off. When the wings are done put them in a bowl & toss in the sauce. I prefer this flavor w/ bleu cheese dressing.

This'll make enough sauce for 10-15 wings.

Back