I'm back ... To being a hobby smoker

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
Hi All!

Long time, no post! Love the new board so far!! I'm back to enjoying BBQ as a hobby instead of a career and hope to be spending more time here.

For four years I was working for a company selling charcoal smokers and grills (WSMs, Eggs, Kegs, Char-Grillers, kettles etc), Bradley electrics, gas grills, fireplaces and high end patio furniture. I owe that opportunity largely to participation in TVWBB and other bbq forums. It was an awesome experience. It was great to go work in a field I am passionate about, but I have taken a new job closer to home in the field I left.

Selling bbqs as a day job made it hard to enjoy bbqs as a hobby, plus it also felt awkward at times participating in forums like TVWBB.

I still own a WSM and it's on my deck but to be honest I don't use it often. I favor my Big Steel Keg for most smoking due to efficiency and grilling, but I still use my WSM for capacity or cold smoking things like cheese. I have a Napoleon 605 sq inch charcoal grill for parties. I recently got a Guru CyberQ with adapters for my WSM and Keg and am looking forward to trying it out. My first run with it will be tomorrow night.

I look forward to rejoining the community, sharing and learning about smoking with TVWBB!

Welcome back Shawn! I've since moved from CGY to Vancouver and missing BBQ Galore.

What are you up to now for worK?

Back