Greetings!

B Seas

What a great bb! I have been visiting the board for five or six months and have learned a great deal from posts on a wide range of topics. I got a restart with smoking when I received a Masterbuilt electric smoker as a gift last April. I have had a gas smoker for years, but never really spent the time to learn to use it properly, and consequently didn't have much success making good bbq. The electric made it a lot easier. With success from my first couple of smokes on the electric, I was completely hooked! Last summer I found a great deal on a WSM which ultimately led to the board. Discovering the board led to the mini WSM section, and I couldn't resist so I put a mini together in October.

I didn't make any of the mods on the WSM as I learned to use it, but finally tackled the grommet mod and added Nomex gasket on the top and door this past weekend. I also made the grommet mod to the mini, and after using the mini to smoke a couple of chickens this past weekend, it is a mod I wish I had done earlier on the WSM as dealing with temp probes through the lid is a real hassle. I am looking forward to see how the gasket works as I have found it difficult to get the WSM up to higher temps for smoking poultry. Hoping that will help a bit.

So, a real bbq newbie, and looking forward to learning a lot more.

Bryan

Back