What's up from SF

RyanB

Hi all,

I am a grill lover/smoking newbie just getting started with a new WSM I got over the holidays. My wife was a little angry at my new acquisition because living in the city we don't have a lot of room on our deck/yard and my six burner Charbroil grill already takes a lot of room. Anyways, I fired it up for the first time this weekend for the playoffs. I used the beginners rib recipe on this site and am happy to report everything went perfectly. During the cook temps were a little under 225 (probably because of the unusual cold snap we've been having), but otherwise it was great. And things eating those ribs while watching the Niners pound out Green Bay probably made them taste even better. Best part? One taste of those ribs and the wife has no more issues with the smoker. :cool:

Hoping for no rain on Sunday so I can try out the fast cook pork butt recipe. Wish me luck! Go Niners!

Adios,
Ryan

Welcome to the forums Ryan and good job on first WSM cook. Now you will be planning all the food things you can smoke in your upcoming weekends. :)

Welcome aboard Ryan! Congrats on the new WSM and the 49er win! Let's see what they do this weekend against my Falcons! ;)

Back