Cajun Bandit questions

John Boehm

TVWBB Fan
Just fired up the CB and it took some fiddling to get the motor to work. The battery housing seems pretty terrible. Had to knock it a few times to get the thing to work. Is this normal? Also, I'm not sure what the counter weight does. Is it necessary? I have it on there now, but haven't tried it without yet. My chicken should be done in an hour or so, I'll post back with the results.

I think the counter weight is vital for the smooth operation of the rot. due to off center meats. Not sure about battery housing - doesn't sound right.

Last edited:
John contact Chris at CB. I have the same thing and it works perfect so you probably have a defective unit. Chris will make it right. The counterweight is important. Once you load the spit, see where it wants to go, (the heaviest part down). When you see this, place the counterweight opposite of this. Good Luck!
Rolf

During the cook one of the forks backed out of the chick. Also the metal fitting that keeps the spit turning backed out also. I'm assuming user error. I tightened everything again and it seemed to work ok. Should the fitting be on the inside or outside of the grill (I had it outside, closest to the counterweight. Despite these setbacks the chicken was fantastic!

John the fitting should be inside the ring. Its purpose is to keep the spit from "walking" away from the motor.

your motor battery contact may be "out of position" and may require an "adjustment"
I encountered the same when it was new.
it's no big deal, just remove the battery compartment cover, insert the batteries, turn the unit on.
if it does not start, look at how the batteries are making contact and make the adjustments there.

i have not had any issues since day one.

Back