Greetings from Mid-Michigan

Andy Boyd

My awesome wife got me 22 in Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for Christmas, so I will be doing my first Smoke in the morning. I will doing a pork butt and some chicken. Looking forward to trying to make some real BBQ. I will be interested to see how the WSM does in the cold weather in Michigan, but I have to try out my gift.

Glad you joined Andy and welcome! You're right, it sounds like you have an awesome wife. Congrats on the WSM!

Welcome to the forum Andy!
The cold doesn't effect the cook as much as you may think... it's the wind you want to stay away from.
I think the coldest i've cooked in was minus 5ºF. I' think you'll be alright :wsm:
Enjoy your stay!

Hey Andy. Welcome!!! You will love your WSM and won't have any problems in the cold weather. Unless that Michigan wind starts up. Have a great cook! We love pics.

Hi Andy and welcome aboard.

Congrats on the new WSM and good luck with it. Post pics of your first cook!

Bob

Hi Andy,

Where in mid-Michigan? I'm familiar with Midland and Saginaw and Mt. Pleasant and Alma...I've been spending Christmases in mid-Michigan for many years.

Regards,
Chris

Andy the folks on this board are a great resource. They have helped me a lot. There are no dumb questions with this crowd.

Back