looking for ideas for Prime rib likely on rotisserie

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Tommorow I am going to cook a 8 lb beautiful choice ribroast and have the choice of coking it on a 22 1/2, WSM 22 or WSM 18 or on the 221/2 using the rotisserie.

I'm leaning toward the rotisserie and looking for some ideas.

I've done it a bunch with montreal steak seasoning/worstichire sauce marinade but only have overnight and am looking to try something new perhaps Cow Lick aSpicy Beef Seasoning and Raising the Steaks (their Montreal Steak knock off) tha I could try.

I love using an herb rub but those probably aren't as conducive to my prefered method of cooking on the rotisserie as some recipe's call for a cheese cloth on the outside others the rub would come of on the rotisserie I would think.

The marbling on this roast looked so good in the case I had to buy it even though they had cut and retied the bones back on. The ones he brough out for me to look at in the bag didn't look anywhere as good!!

I'm considering just using a 22 1/2 weber kettle over indirect rather than the rotisserie but I do it as a boneless and season all over then rotisserie.

I usually limit the coals to not fire too hot in the baskets in the rotisserie.

Thoughts...Ideas past experience??? and results
icon_wink.gif

Thanks

Back