Amazon 18" WSM

jeff_herrell

Okay there must be something about Amazon.com that I don't understand. We decided we were going to buy an 18" WSM from amazon.com. Thursday I came to the virtualweberbullet website and followed the link in the upper right corner of the main page. The price was 259.99, which we thought was great. Friday I checked the price again and it was 244.99. Now it is back to 299.99. My question is, is this a regular thing? Why is the price different one day to the next. If saving 50 bucks or so just involves waiting 3 or 4 more days then we will. Just wondering if I can expect to see a lower price again soon. Thanks

Jeff,

Amazon routinely changes its prices on lots of items, not just the WSM. Sometimes I think they are testing to see how price sensitive people are, in other words, how changes in price affect number of units sold so they can figure out the optimal price point. That's just an assumption on my part.

There have been a number of Fridays where people have reported that Amazon has the WSM on "Friday Sale". You just have to monitor the price yourself on a day to day basis to see when the price had dropped, and then strike while the iron is hot. That $244.99 price is the lowest we've seen on Amazon for the new 2009 18" WSM.

Just to reiterate what George said...If you want to help support TVWB with your WSM purchase at Amazon, it's important that you enter Amazon using one of the links on my homepage before you add the WSM to your shopping cart. If you visit a few days from now without using my link, I do not get credit for your purchase.

You also have to be careful with these Amazon price tracking sites like the one Carl H. listed. They not only track Amazon prices, but offer links directly to the product on Amazon, and when you click those links they get credit for your purchase, not TVWB.

So just to be clear...you always need to enter Amazon using one of the links on TVWB, then add items to your cart. That way TVWB gets credit when you checkout.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks all, I guess I just never realized that their items can change prices so rapidly. Chris, I will def order through the links listed on this page and I'll just keep my eyes open for another price dip. I can't wait too long though, I'm ready to start smokin.

Glad I found this thread....I recently (less than a month ago) saw the price at $239 which was great as I have a $50 Amazon credit and was expecting a $50 rebate from Microsoft. The rebate came a week or two later and I went back to order the WSM and it was up to $291.

Couldn't understand that...I suspected they jacked it back up so they could offer discounts for the holidays. Interestingly enough, this week I got an email from Amazon advertising 30% off grills. They list the 18 1/2 inch WSM so I clicked on the email. Took me to the product page and listed the smoker at the same $291 price. Doesn't look like 30% off to me, looks like the same price it was listed at before this promo email.

Anyway...I still have my $50 amazon credit and just received another $40 credit after some Christmas shopping....I'm in no rush, I'll wait until it drops down again.

(hate that this is my first post...I registered so I could ask if the price on the WSMs drop during the off-season but never got around to it.)

Welcome Jim.

Amazon changes there price quite often so I would keep checking it. I would try looking during the week or as you say after the holidays.

Good luck and I'm sure the price will come down
icon_wink.gif

You may also want to try drugstore.com with bing cash back. I just bought my WSM 18.5" last week. They have it for 259.99 + FS, but if you go through bing you can get up to 25% cash back. The default rate on bing may be 10%, but if you look to the links to the right under sponsored sites it shows up as 25% off. It came out to $65 cash back.

Ryan

Got my 18" for $239.99 with free shipping from amazon as well - Glad I bought it when I did! I thought $239 was their regular price for it but a week later it was back up to $279!

Originally posted by Rusty:
This sale has been extended through the 27.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rusty:
I bought mine for $239.99. That was the total price SHIPPED via FedEx.
Here is the link to where I bought it at that price. This sale price ends today.

http://www.aimtofind.com/weber..._a_7c1052_a_7c721001
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the heads up. I passed the link on to "Santa".

Thanks everyone....I see it's down to $267 at Amazon. I'd like to take advantage of the $239 price at aimtofind, but like I said, I have $90 of credit with Amazon so I'm gonna hold out and hope it drops that far before one of my credits expires.

When I purchased my smoker from amazon through this site it lowered in price by several dollars after my purchase, within a month. I called amazon and they gave me a price adjustment with no problems.

Originally posted by Harvey K:
When I purchased my smoker from amazon through this site it lowered in price by several dollars after my purchase, within a month. I called amazon and they gave me a price adjustment with no problems.

Ditto here. Bought my 18" back in August from Amazon for $259 with free shipping. Even before it arrived the price went down to $239. I called and they refunded the $20. The lady who helped me did make it very clear that refunding $ was the exception and not the rule for Amazon.

Best deal I have seen today is drugstore.com
if you use Bing.com
259.99 - 20% Bing cashback discount = $207.99 plus free shipping and you get $13.00 to spend at a future date on drugstore.com

Just go to Bing.com and search "Weber"
I should memtion you need a Bing cashback account to get the discount

Just a reminder that purchasing a WSM at Amazon.com using the links on the homepage is one of the most powerful ways you can help provide financial support to keep TVWB running. Buying elsewhere does not help TVWB.

Thanks for your consideration,
Chris

Back