Been Lurking For A While.....

J Rozen

Hi there,

My name is Jeremy, from just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I have been checking out TVWBB for a long time now, probably close to a year. I used this site to help me decide on the WSM 18.5 that I eventually bought and have used all of the amazing tips and advice on here for all of my cooks. I have done about 6 or seven now, mainly ribs (both baby backs and spares) and chicken (Whole and thighs). Everything with the exception of one rib cook has been amazing and I'm glad that I stumbled onto this site. So, a big, Canadian thank you to all who participate and help us newbies with the trials and tribulations of cooking on a charcoal smoker. It is a daunting task when you've never done it before, but the rewards are well worth the patience and hard work.

Well, I did my first butt finally and sure enough, I had to pick the day that a winter storm was coming through. I have a raised deck and tarped off underneath to cut the wind and really loaded up the charcoal. Started at 6:30pm last night and pulled it off at 196 this morning at quarter to 6. I only had to add charcoal once and managed to hold temps between 250 and 285. All in all a success. Oh, and it tastes delicious.

Alright, well, now that I've finally posted, I guess I'm officially a member. Again, thanks to all of the people to selflessly share their tips, recipes, knowledge and even, bravely, their failures, so that the rest of us can also learn from them.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yup, the snow is flying and who knows? If the temps stay low it could stick around until Christmas.

Back