New to the site...

NeilH

TVWBB Emerald Member
Hey everyone, I just found the site this morning and have a Weber Smoker on the way. I really enjoy reading everyone's posts here and hope to be half the cook you guys are one day.

Welcome to the forum, Neil!

Are you getting the 18.5 or the 22.5?

Be sure to post pics of your cooks in the Photo Gallery!:wsm:

Uh oh, I'm afraid to answer.:) Since its just me and my wife 99% of the time I went with the 18.5. The first test will be a boston butt the weekend before Christmas because I want get the cooker in time to do anything before. I ordered from amazon to avoid taxes so hopefully it won't be too dented up. :rolleyes:

Hi Neil and welcome aboard.

A pork butt is a good choice for a first cook.

Good luck and post some pictures of your first cook in the "Photo Gallery" section!

Bob

Neil welcome to the forum, Your new WSM will serve you just fine it's one mean little smoker.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, looking forward to learning how to smoke. Thanks for all the info!!!

Don't worry that some people might think your smoker is too small....as with other things , it's not the size , but how well you use it!:rolleyes:

My 18.5 WSM is more than big enough... I've never even used the bottom grill!

And welcome to TVWBB! You're gonna love it here - wonderful people and great help and advice. I'm here every day... it's family!

I see its addictive already!! I think the 18.5 will suit me fine. Thanks Mike!!

Back