First smoke what a blast

Miles Long

Well I got my first cook in the books
icon_smile.gif
my thermometer hasn’t arrived yet, so I don’t have any temps-
One chimney of unlit and half chimney of lit on top spread out nicely and threw 4 chunks of hickory on top- it was perfect, until I looked over at my shiny new fire ring
icon_smile.gif

Some of the pictures are fuzzy – but what’s a post without pix-
Got some spare ribs and a fatty and threw on some sausages.

prep ribs
prep fatty

Had to cut the slabs in half – but everything fit

grill full

After two hours pulled the sausages and sprayed the top ribs with apple juice-didn’t switch ribs from bottom to top. The sausages were ridiculous!!! I could not believe I made smoke rings-silly- I left the fatty on with the ribs and cooked another hour -

fatty

30 minutes later I pulled ribs and sauced ‘em-yummy, one slab wasn’t as good as the others and I didn’t take notice of whether it came from the middle or top rack-

ribs

I had marinated a chicken Saturday night, and Sunday prepped the wsm the same way, only I opted to use the fire ring this time…I got more sausage and fatty ready (why waste fuel)

prep chicky and sausage

Chicken on the bottom

grillshot

Today I pulled the sausages at 1.5 hrs – they were good eats- I moved the chicken to top rack and sauced - pulled chicken and fatty’s at 2.5 hrs

smoked chicky

Sauced the chicken again and put in the broiler on hi for about a minute to burn the skin-

broil skin

What a blast, thanks to everyone on this site for all the info!!!

Definitely a blast indeed! I used to have a little smoker that looks similar to the WSM but never could get decent results out of it. This thing is a dream.

Back