Leftovers - Easy Recipe

M Morrill

TVWBB Member
OK, We all have some leftover turkey and another turkey sandwich just isn't going to cut it. Here is what I came up with. I carve the breast and thigh for dinner and sandwiches and then after the turkey is cool, I use my hands to tear apart all the leg, thigh/breast and other meat that is hard to get to with a knife. I sort as I go and discard anything that I think is either to soft or funky. I usually end up with a tupperware full of turkey without a home.

I use this to make turkey pot pies. They are so easy to make. Just purchase a package or two of premade pie crust add some vegetables and gravy and you are good to go. You can use any oven safe dish or even buy disposable liners. Just throw them in the oven for about 45 minutes at 375 and they come out great.

Pictures:

IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6514.jpg

I like to cook the vegetables for a bit so they are soft in the pot pie.

IMG_6517.jpg

These are Pyrex dishes but you can always use anything as long as it is oven safe. Big coffee/soup cups work great.

IMG_6523.jpg

Don't sweat it on the gravy. Any store brand will work fine.

IMG_6524.jpg

I just store them in Ziploc bags in the refrigerator until ready to cook. You can seal vacuum seal and freeze as well.

Enjoy...

Thank goodness there are no english peas. When I was a kid it seemed like pot pies were english pea heavy. Those look great.

Awesome. I love doing that with leftover poultry. In a pinch, cream of chicken soup works. And when there's no dough around, I just put the pie filling in the oven proof bowl and top with redskin mashed potatoes. Than bake as usual.

Back