Blower fan mounting

Bryan W

Has anyone done the whole HeaterMeter setup on a Weber One-Touch? How did you mount the blower if so? I'm trying to find adapters or examples of mounting with the blower listed in the parts section and haven't had much luck.

Crude but effective. Once you get the hole you should be able to adapt a number of different solutions.

0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVb1Veh2lTk

Amazingly enough I was able to sort of screw my blower onto the pipe I have attached to my Drum, don't know how long that will last, but it has held up with a couple smokes.

How about large BGE, what kind of blower adapter do you recommend. My unit is ready but I am waiting for better weather to actually attach it to the grill

I use a large BGE and basically made a copy of the same plate adapter used by all the commercial blowers. Like the stoker's BGE adapter. I made mine out of cardboard from a cereal box as a mockup but that lasted over a year before it fell apart. I've since tried making one out of metal but have been largely unsuccessful in designing a better way. You can see my cardboard model in action here.

I use a large BGE and basically made a copy of the same plate adapter used by all the commercial blowers. Like the stoker's BGE adapter. I made mine out of cardboard from a cereal box as a mockup but that lasted over a year before it fell apart. I've since tried making one out of metal but have been largely unsuccessful in designing a better way. You can see my cardboard model in action here.

Very nice, so basically you are using a fan from them, just to confirm it's 12V DC right?

I'm using the 12VDC fan from the parts list in the wiki, but my mount just looks like theirs. Their blower is also 12VDC though.

Back