Apple Brine Recipe, FTW!!

Mike Stavlund

TVWBB Member
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Just wanted to take a minute to thank Chris A. and everyone else over the years who has tried and tested and tweaked the Apple Brine recipe. I did a 13lb bird this morning for a church we visit that serves the homeless population in Fairfax County, VA. By the time I arrived lunch was well underway, and I was told that they had plenty of turkey and that they'd let me know if they needed mine. So I set it in the corner of the kitchen and went to talk with some friends from the church. A few minutes later I went to check in with the kitchen staff, and they were all asking questions about my turkey-- had I smoked it? Why did it smell so incredibly good? So I carved it and started sharing it, to rave reviews.

That kitchen was literally full of turkey-- the entire oven was full of trays of it, plus most of the counter space. And in that turkey-filled landscape, the Apple Brine bird was standing out like a rock star.

Thanks again!

Thanks, Mike. Glad to hear it was a big success! Got to give credit where credit's due...that recipe came from a Weber newsletter back in the late 1990's. My contribution was to adapt it from the kettle to the WSM, then publish it for others to enjoy. It's a recipe that stands the test of time, that's for sure!

Regards,
Chris

Back