Hello for Australia

NChouf

Hi Everyone

Just bought a 18.5' WSM and can across this forum when i was doing research
Smoking isn't very big here so ill be looking for tips and tricks from the pro's

Ill be trying it out on the weekend for my first attempt at a pulled pork
hopefully the butcher can get the cut right. an suggestions for a rub/sauce to try would be great too.

cheers
Norm

Welcome aboard Norm! Check here for information on cooking. This link will help you with your WSM. For rubs and spices check here. This is a very helpful and friendly board so just ask away and we will be more than willing to give you a hand!

Hey Norm, welcome. You've come to the right place ...plenty of experts here. Best thing is most folks here don't make you feel like an idiot 'cause all the mistakes you're gonna make have already been made by someone on here and they're open for suggestions on what worked for them. I look forward to seeing some of your posts from down under.

Welcome to the forum Norm! And Congratulations on your fine purchase of the WSM :wsm:
Hope your stay here is most enjoyable!

If you get good at it you'll be a jackaroo who can Smoke a 'Roo! I know...you're in Sydney...but just pretend you're up in Queensland :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

I've be doing a lot of reading and think I've got it worked out

Made my first dry rub and bbq'd sauce last night. Not sure about the bbq sauce i choose it had cumin in it and seems to over power it, will see how it goes with the pork.
I picked up a Boston butt this morning. Needles to say aussie butchers had no idea what i was talking about.
Eventually we worked it out ended up with about a 9lb butt.
All set for tomorrow now I'll get some picture and post up how it goes

Back