no ezque for the 26 for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim C

TVWBB Super Fan
i had asked ezque a couple months ago about a rotiss for the new kettle. they said they were trying to get their hands on a 26 to make one.
they said to check back. this week i was told it wont be anytime soon.
i had held off getting one for my genesis waitng for the 26. might have to re-think that i guess

I was thinking about building one with aluminum flashing, but afraid it might be too flimsy. Have you built one previously George?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allen Sharar:
I was thinking about building one with aluminum flashing, but afraid it might be too flimsy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are things you could do to strengthen it up. Fold/roll over the edges, use a bead roller, bolt on some angle or flat stock supports around the inside/outside.

no, i have not. but i have seen them done on several german sites. you can get a metal shop to cut you a strip of metal and then bolt it together yerself. this is assuming you get a rotis long enough which should be no problem.

i definatley want the ezque basket instead of a rod that you stab thru the meat. im going to call them again and see if theres been any change or if i can buy just the motor and basket

try to measure what would fit. both of my ezques are 21.5 inches long in the basket area. adjust for the width in estimating the clearance. i would assume that this size would work. they can be found as mentioned.

I know of a metal fabrication shop in Wilson, NC that can make the ring. Not sure of the price though. Probably in the $75-$100 range + shipping. They'll make it out of 16g cold rolled steel, put the flange on the top for the lid to sit on, rim to rest on kettle and drill any holes. They're Barnes Metalcrafters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back