Help with gravy.

Anthony Bass

TVWBB Member
As the title indicates, I need a little help with gravy. At the last minute my in-laws decided they want a smoked turkey and not the usual fried turkey this year. No problem, I have smoked a couple before on the WSM 22.5 using the apple brine recipe, but the question is regarding gravy. Does anyone have a gravy recipe you would be willing to share? I would appreciate all any tips or advice. Thanks in advance. Oh and Happy Holidays to All.

As the title indicates, I need a little help with gravy. At the last minute my in-laws decided they want a smoked turkey and not the usual fried turkey this year. No problem, I have smoked a couple before on the WSM 22.5 using the apple brine recipe, but the question is regarding gravy. Does anyone have a gravy recipe you would be willing to share? I would appreciate all any tips or advice. Thanks in advance. Oh and Happy Holidays to All.

i like the gravy recipe in the weber charcoal book.. the art of cooking with live fire..works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glenn in SC

Glenn, if you could post it or a link I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

here ya go.. in a pan below the turkey put the giblets, 6 cups o stock, one large cut up onion 2 carot and 2 celery stalks.. let the dripings go into the pan .. at the end strain the contents into a bowl. discard solids.. add enuff stock too make 4 cups.. in a pan use 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup flour,make a dark rue..then add 4 cups of the liquid, but not the fat, just gotta seperate i, and 1/3 cut dry white wine.wisk until u reach the consistency u want.. add salt and pepper too taste.. hope that works..glenn in SC

Don't overlook Mad Max's gravy either. It's my go to gravy. I start my stock early by roasting a wing and leg, celery, carrot, onion and then throw them in the pot for my stock and let it simmer several hours. Found this really kicks-up the gravy quite a bit.

Don't overlook Mad Max's gravy either. It's my go to gravy. I start my stock early by roasting a wing and leg, celery, carrot, onion and then throw them in the pot for my stock and let it simmer several hours. Found this really kicks-up the gravy quite a bit.

larry, mad max does look good...was gonna do my bird beer can style, but may just put in pan on roasting rack too get a better mix of drippings.. the weber gravy recipe i may go with.. not sure right now..have a good one..almost time to take the bird outta the JD brine.. glenn in SC

Back