New Guy from South Lousiana

S Bourgeois

First post here, been reading for quite a while. I've been a "griller" for many years, actually got pretty good at it, but I'm now learning the true joy of Low and slow real deal BBQ. I have a 18.5 OTS, a super modified ECB (soon to go in the trash) and an infarred gasser for fast food. I am currently in the process of building my mini WSM. My new pot shoud arrive any minute now, the last one was crushed on the bottom :mad: Amazon will make it right. Since I've started smokin' I've done a few butts, a chuckie, some jerkey lots of chicken and plan to to a post turkey overdose Brisket this weekend.

I originally bought the little kettle to do steaks for the wife and I, beats the pants off even the most expensive high dollar gasser out there. (I've tried many, I work in the "outdoor living" business and we are a dealer for several of the super mack daddy gassers with electronics and built in mp3 players, disco lights, and every other gimmic you can think of :confused: I'll keep my Weber and charcoal over any of them)

I've been cruising Craigslist for a 22.5, for a little more room.

Hope to learn a lot and share a few things of my own here.

Thanks for having me.

Back