Hello everyone...

Mark Pilny

I am Mark. I'm from the Southwest Side of Chicago. I just got a sweet deal on a Brand New Weber 26.75 OTG off Craigslist for $150 cash. I think it's a pretty good price considering it is new in the box and retails for around $300. I own a 22.5 OTS and an older Weber gas grill. I just got into smoking this summer and had really good experience with that. Still learning and want to get better. Seeking answers and suggestions and soaking up info as I go along.

Yeah, Welcome to the forum Mark!
Congrats on your new purchase of the 26OTG! You'll L♥VE it!
However, even if you get the cast iron grates, i would reconsider selling your stock cooking grate...
never know when you'll want to use it...
pound a nail in your garage and hang it 'til you'll rethink the sale ;)

Enjoy your stay man:cool: :wsm:

Welcome Mark!
Good to see another south-sider on the boards.
If you haven't already, scroll down to the Weber Charcoal Grill forum. Lots of info on different set-ups for schmoking on a kettle.

Tim

Thanks for the responses. These are the things I wish to get done on the 26 OTG:
1. Order some cast iron grates from Craycort. They have a sale through the 23rd. Stainless Steel is great, but I'm a sucker for those grill marks.
2. Order the Maverick ET-732 thermometer and install grommet holes. I've been using an oven thermometer right on the grate and sticking a candy thermomter throught the top vent of 22 OTS. It gets the job done for the most part but looks sort of ghetto. Litte apprehensive about drilling holes into a new Weber but from previous posts should be worth it.
3. Order Smokenator 2600. I was debating on getting WSM 18.5in. But with the added real estate of the 26, I think theres plenty of room for smoking a lot of items. I've been banking my coals to either side previously to smoke with charcoal baskets. Smokenator seems more neat/organized and better on feul efficency.
These accesories may not be necessary and I'd rather spend the money on quality meat/seasoning, but seeing that I plan on doing a lot of grilling and smoking on the 26, I can rationalize it in my mind!

Back