New smoker, new member

Ryan Taylor

Bought a 22.5 WSM a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed my first pork shoulder. I've always been an offset man but I took some winnings from a recent BBQ contest my team did well in and bought myself a big old bullet. I feel kind of strange about it. Like I'm cheating on my old smoker or something but I'll say, it sure was nice to dial in the vents and leave it alone for hours at a time.

Anyway, hello everyone from St. Louis Missouri.

Ryan I am new as well. I have been smoking on a kettle but want to make the jump up to a WSM or BGE. Have you been pleased with WSM?

Welcome aboard Ryan from Huntsville Alabama. Lots of St Louis folks down here. Congrats on your BBQ team's success. I think you'll learn to rely on your WSM as a very efficient tool for your team.

My dad cooks on my team with a WSM (and posts on here from time to time) and he was my primary influence. I think they're both great cookers but you get more space with the 22.5 WSM and its a lot cheaper. I also like the portability. I can take the thing apart and get it in the back seat of my car if I need to.

Back