Coleman..... the other gasser.

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
I’m not the sharpest tack in the box but now and then I surprise myself. First you should be aware of one indisputable fact….. while “okay” with a grill, I am a putz in the kitchen! I am downright dangerous in the kitchen! I should not be allowed in the kitchen. That established, you can only imagine what our entire house smells like, each time I have to reduce Balsamic Vinegar. The dog won’t even stick around. After I open all the windows and spray, it smells like Balsamic Vinegar and Lysol with a now 40 degree ambient temperature. This unsavory consequence has resulted in me considering the purchase of a gas grill just for the purpose of reducing Balsamic Vinegar outside. Currently our Weber family consists of a Performer, 22” OTG, an 18” WSM and a Smokey Joe. Nope, no gasser. Then it hit! We have a really, really old Coleman two burner camping stove in the garage. To make life even better, it runs off the same small propane cylinders the Performer uses. This new “Accessory” is perfect for occasional as an outside reducer. Yes I acknowledge it obviously doesn’t take very much to make me happy but I had to share this with someone so you folks are it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Rolf thanks for sharing. At least you're honest and know your weakness. Lean towards your strenghts my friend and acknokledge you weaknesses and you'll always come out on top. ;)

I have a Coleman tailgate gas grill for camping. Used it in the back yard one time when wife didn't want the house smelled up from something. Forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me I DO have that option.

Ditto. My "gasser" actually runs on naptha (aka Coleman Fuel) but close enough.

Never thought about using it for outdoor cooking at home, but why not ?

I have a Blue Coleman Road Trip grill with griddle and grill grates that I keep in the tent trailer. It worked fine when we did family outings, but the kids are grown and it doesn't get used much. I'll be replacing it with the Q120.

Rolf...nice post. I got a few Coleman items myself! Here is my little party road trip on the boat!
166799B7-D138-4E26-8310-AC579C7768F2-7114-000007797F7408EF.jpg

Wish I could find a decent CI grate for it!!

Been a pretty good camp stove actually!

Your post reminds me that I still have a 1959 model Coleman stove that my dad bought. It has the red fuel tank that burns Coleman fuel. The metal gage used on that is thicker than most cars have today, it is very stout.

Rolf...nice post. I got a few Coleman items myself! Here is my little party road trip on the boat!
166799B7-D138-4E26-8310-AC579C7768F2-7114-000007797F7408EF.jpg

Wish I could find a decent CI grate for it!!

Been a pretty good camp stove actually!

Morgan that is way cool! I need that! Here is mine but it pails compared to yours. The cocotte is where I stored the reduced product and reheat it around serving time.
Stove%20001-L.jpg

Morgan that is way cool! I need that! Here is mine but it pails compared to yours. The cocotte is where I stored the reduced product and reheat it around serving time.
Stove%20001-L.jpg
Rolf, your Coleman stove runs on beer?!! That's amazing. I'm surprised that Yuengling works because it's like water. Oh, wait, the propane tank is behind the bottle. My mistake. And, of course, I'm just teasing about the Yuengling.

I've been using my Coleman camp stoves in my backyard to augment my barbecues for years. It's more fun to do everything outside. And if I'm gonna drink when I cook, there's less chance of burning the house down. Even if I'm only drinking Yuengling water. :)

Bill

Back