When/what are you getting?

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Curious when folks are planning to get their birds. I'm doing a whole bird in the WSM with the apple brine and a breast on the Performer with the JD and maple syrup brine. I'll likely pick them up Sunday and will be looking for a fresh, non-enhanced bird in the 18-20 pound range. We'll be serving dinner for 12 adults and 8 kids.

I will be picking up my 20lb on Saturday as my local butcher is getting the first run of fresh birds then. Cooking in the WSM and doing the JD brine. I figure I will brine it for almost 48 hrs. I just did a 12lb over the weekend and had to let it sit an extra day as my schedule got messed up and it turned out great!

Picking-up my fresh 19lb(ish) bird Monday and putting her down for about a 36 hour brine, then air dry and on the cooker.

I was at Costco on Tuesday and checked out the turkeys. I noticed the sell by date was well into December, so I figured I might as well bring it home with me. It's been sitting in the garage fridge since and it'll go into the JD Maple brine on Monday morning.

Bill

By the way, Larry, when did you move to Vegas?

BF

This will be the 1st year in maybe 30 that I wont be doing one on the kettle, or at all. My whole extended family has requested my beef ribs instead, so that's what it'll be...massive quantities of Dino bones!!

Back