Advice for a noob who wants to do Competitions

Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Classes

AaronH

TVWBB Member
First off thank you for answering all the questions! What a pleasure to get to pick your brain and hear what you have to say.

I have been cooking my whole life (37 years old) and have always had a passion for it. I just started to get in to BBQ. I have grilled forever but just got a WSM a few months ago. Up here in the North East real BBQ (and people who do it are far and few in between, though getting more popular) but I found a new love and want to take it to the next level and enter comps.

What would you suggest or what advice do you have for a total newbie to start getting in to entering comps? To start I'm going to Myron's class in June (didn't know you had one also, but will also try to do that too
icon_smile.gif
) I'm also taking a KCBS cooking and judging class so other then that what insight can give me/others wanting to get into competition BBQ.

Thanks again and looking forward to reading your posts over the next few days!

Taking a class is a good way to start. Another tip is to join your local BBQ association and get local help. Join the BBQ forums and you'll learn a lot. Of course, this TVWB site is the best. I learned a lot from my fellow BBQ-ers on this site.

Back