My wife had a night out...

Steve McKibben

TVWBB Super Fan
My wife and some her friends had a girls night out at a spa, and my son had soccer practice, so I took the opportunity to make a dinner that I knew I'd like without having to worry about what they don't like.

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home and got stocked up - boneless country style ribs on sale for $1.99/lb. so I got some of those.

Decided on a menu of the ribs, grilled asparagus, grilled sweet potatoes, fresh Greek salad, and a multigrain baguette with roasted garlic spread.

Here's the ****:

The "raw materials";
gno_01.jpg

Ribs ready to be sauced and seared;
gno_02.jpg

Ribs before the sear - two coated with a honey/SBR mix, two coated with home made jerk seasoning, two with orange marmalade/siracha sauce, and one left plain;
gno_03.jpg

Ribs after the sear;
gno_04.jpg

Asparagus (marinated in EVOO, kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and cayenne);
gno_05.jpg

Sweet potatoes brushed with a butter/cinnamon/brown sugar mix;
gno_06.jpg

Plated goodness!
gno_07.jpg

It was good - can't wait for my wife's next girl's night out!

Hey Steve - Not only was it a great girls nite out but it was a great Steve's nite in. Holy cow. Have you gone back and looked at that spread? There are some, like me
icon_wink.gif
, who wait around for a guy like you to say
icon_biggrin.gif
"Hey Bob, come on over for dinner." Your wife is probably out somewhere tonite also and you could probably use an invitation. lol. Great looking spread Steve. Thanks for sharing. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Awesome lookin' food there Steve! Love the country ribs and the siracha sauce idea!
Very Good!!

Nice job Steve,I asked my wife to leave..she just laughed! Which ribs did you like the most?They all looked good.

The last couple of times doing country ribs they been on the tough side. Looks like you cooked indirect. How long did you cook before searing?

Thanks guys!

Bob - you have an open invitation!
icon_cool.gif

Chuck - I liked the jerked ones the best - but they were all good!

Brian - they cooked indirect for about 20-25 minutes - until they read in the low 130s on the thermapen. There was some fat that had to be cut around, but the meaty parts of the ribs were fairly tender.

Back