Mini lid seal between pot and lid.

Jay Bradford

TVWBB Member
Hey guys I am trying to figure out a good way to seal up the top of t pot seal a bit better so its not so wobbly.

Any ideas?

I

Is the lid too big or small? If the lid is too big, you could try to open the top of the pots rolled edge to make it a bit wider. Or adding an oven gasket to the top.
But if the lid is too small, you may want to consider using the pots original lid, but add an adjustable vent to it.
Can you post a picture of lid & pot?

Is the lid too big or small? If the lid is too big, you could try to open the top of the pots rolled edge to make it a bit wider. Or adding an oven gasket to the top.
But if the lid is too small, you may want to consider using the pots original lid, but add an adjustable vent to it.
Can you post a picture of lid & pot?

Its a bit small and kind of slides around I did flip the lid and cut open the lid all the way but looking for a more clean solutionany thing else?:confused:

Its a bit small and kind of slides around I did flip the lid and cut open the lid all the way but looking for a more clean solution any thing else?:confused:

If it is new the fit may be a bit sloppy for now.

As you cook, the lid and pot should "grease" up making for a better fit.

Jay,

I also have a problem with the steamer top a little too large for the Smokey Joe lid. Did you find a solution? Has anyone crimped the pot lid a little to accommodate the Smokey Joe lid.

Paul

Jay,

I also have a problem with the steamer top a little too large for the Smokey Joe lid. Did you find a solution? Has anyone crimped the pot lid a little to accommodate the Smokey Joe lid.

Paul

I used vice grips and just went around the whole pot until it fit.

Back