Indiana > Lafayette: South Street Smokehouse

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
3305 South St # 6 Lafayette, IN 47904
(765) 446-0559
http://www.yelp.com/biz/south-street-smoke-house-lafayette

Back in August I had lunch at South Street Smokehouse in Lafayette, Indiana. I'd read about it online and since I could work Lafayette into my travel plans I decided to make a stop, and since I arrived just as the lunch hour was ending I was able to get a place at the counter and my food was ready before too long.

It's in a brick building just west of the intersection of South Street and Sagamore Parkway/US-52 (photos can be clicked for larger versions).

It has a decent amount of seating but certainly doesn't classify as a big place.

I ordered the rib tips and chicken. The sauce on the tips wasn't overly sweet, and both them and the chicken had a pleasant vinegar and pepper undertones. Undertone? That's a pretty fancy word when it comes to barbecue.

There wasn't anything really special about the Texas Toast but I thought the beans were really good. In fact, I finished them before anything else.

I always enjoy the south street smoke house, have never had a bad experience with them. The brisket sandwhich and the huge onion rings are always a good bet.

Back