First Cook on Game Day.

J Pichey

TVWBB Fan
I decided to fire up the new mini WSM on game day and try a Garlic and Rosemary rubbed Tri-Tip. I also made some of Doug's smoked mushroom dip. Both Turned out great. I was thinking about adding some blue cheese crumbles to the mushroom dip next time around.

Smoked some mushrooms with a little butter and pepper

file_zps4d819f69.jpg

Added the goodies and mixed

file_zpsc7483271.jpg

Rubbed the Tri-Tip with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary

file_zpse81754f0.jpg

Threw it on the Mini at 230-250 for about 90 mins

file_zpsf068bac7.jpg

Removed at 135 and seared on both sides for 5 mins. Rested in foil for 30 mins.

file_zps5719f019.jpg

Sliced and made a few sandwiches. For some reason, these pics don't show how red the inside was. I'm still figuring out this camera. :) Turned out Med Rare.

file_zpse46db850.jpg

Looking Good! Smoking tri-tip is a nice way to spend the afternoon:wsm:. I hate to be the one to tell you though, you misspelled Vikings, and the color should be purple, not blue:p. Other than that, wonderful job on the pot and the tri-tip:D

HATERS!! ;)
I actually heard that The Lions were in contact with the NFL and Nike to change their uniforms (and team colors) to a solid burnt orange jumper. That way the transition from the City of Detroit detention center to the NFL would be a lot smoother for most of the Lions. The hold up is that the players keep getting confused while trying to pronounce the word 'INMATE' on the back of their uniforms!
GO-PACK-GO
Tim
All kidding aside, Great looking paint job, and a fine looking mini!

Last edited:
Touche' Tim.

I went to the Lions game in Green Bay last year on New Years day. What a fun time. Everyone was great and the entire game day experience was second to none. I look forward to going back this season.

because your tri tip looks sooo good, US Packer OWNERS and fans will let your foul comment, "disgusting green and yellow", slide.

and, by the way, for your future acts of praise, it is NOT yellow. It is GOLD! GREEN & GOLD.

packers-3904.gif

Thanks for the kudos on the Tri-Tip!! Any good BBQ joints in the Green Bay area that you would recommend when I come up?

Last edited:

Back