My first Mini is finally complete.

J Pichey

TVWBB Fan
I want to thank everyone on this site for their help during this process. It's been a lot of fun and kind of addicting. I hope I am able to load the photo's on here correctly. I just finished my first Mini build this afternoon. I will break her in this weekend with a nice Tri-Tip and some ABT's.

I decided to take out the entire bottom instead of drilling holes and go with 3 cooking racks. I will add the heat diffuser tomorrow.

IMG_1001_zpsdf689d0c.jpg

Instead of mounting a temp gauge, I decided to use my grommets for my Maverick.

IMG_1007_zps35494350.jpg

I added a few die cut decals :
file_zpsfd70bad5.jpg

file_zpsdfc5f356.jpg

I think it turned out pretty well. Not to shiny and not to dull. The detail in the Lion didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but it's still ok.

file_zpsdaa8cd36.jpg

file_zpsd99fe093.jpg

Standing next to the big boy:

file_zps24e77651.jpg

I ended up making a second Mini for my brother. I liked the paint job on his a bit better.

IMG_1125_zps0e406fd4.jpg

IMG_1122_zps9b4a01d8.jpg

IMG_1121_zps8b199150.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sweet. I enjoy my little one. As soon as the 22 arrives I'll have the entire family. Trying to figure out what to use the mini for in comps. Shorter cook time on charcoal load is the only concern.

I finally took mine to a tailgate and this little thing worked great! I have 5 friends asking for a Mini in their teams colors.

? paint and peel

I got the die cut but did i do something wrong i had to get a razor blade and cut out all the letters and stars for my steelers mini and its doesnt look as good as yours ?

Back