Throwdown #8 - Ground Stuff

Whose ground meat dish shall reign supreme?

• Chad Anderson: Turducken Loaf

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • RCBaughn: Steak Tartare

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Dwain Pannell: Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • JimK: Chicken, Chorizo, and Cheese Stuffed Poblanos

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Arwin: Chickenburger

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Kim Drana: BisonBuffalo Burger

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • John Osmond: SPAM Kabobs

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • RCBaughn: Lamb Burger

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
OK, ground meat fans! The polls are open! You've got 7 days to vote for your favorite entry!

Here are links to each entry so you can review the photos and descriptions:

Congrats on some good looking entries, but unfortunately there can only be one winner!

Good luck,
Chris

I take it normally you vote for someone else other than yourself if you entered a dish? Or do we abstain from voting all together? Just let me know and I'll try to pick one out! They all look great though.

I'm not sure there are any rules for how the contestants vote, at least I haven't seen anything specifically mentioned. Everyone gets one and only one vote though...so make it count:wsm:

I do like my Turducken... but your lamb burgers look really good too! I'll probobly make all of the entries eventually. I'm going to cheat with Arwins though, I'm going store bought since my neighbors seem to like their chickens...they even named them :-0

Last edited:
I gotcha man! And thank you for the compliment, if I could find ground duck anywhere around here for a good price I'd love to make what you did. I've never even had regular duck meat before believe it or not! LOL.

This is closer than the electoral polls! :D Great turnout on the voting so far, but only several hours left. If you haven't voted, please do. It's tough to pick a favorite on this one though - we had some great entries.

Yeah, wasn't November 2000 a great time to be a Chad? Hanging, pregnant, dimpled, dangling. I never thought I'd hear the end of it.

This race has been neck and neck since the polls opened. Gonna be a close one.

"Yeah, wasn't November 2000 a great time to be a Chad? Hanging, pregnant, dimpled, dangling. I never thought I'd hear the end of it."

Yep, heard some of that four years ago again, probably hear more of it in a few short weeks:(

R E C O U N T ! ! !

Just kidding. Congratulations RC, the lamb burger does indeed look tasty:) So what will it be next for throwdown #9?

Cory, per the rules, you have the privilege of picking the next Throwdown topic. Take a few days to think about it and let us know your decision. We'll run Throwdown #9 for a month.

Regards,
Chris

Congrats Cory.

I was really impressed with the entries on this one. Great job everyone, and thanks for participating!

Congratulations Cory and to everyone else who posted an entry. And Thanks to Jim for posting a great Challenge. I can't wait for the next one. Cory has such exciting posts; I'll be on pins and needles waiting to see what he comes up with for the next challenge.

Holy cow guys I can't believe I won this! There were so many great entries! Sorry I haven't been online in a few days, had some family stuff to tend to, but I'm sure you all know how that stuff goes. I appreciate everyone who voted for the burger, I really wish I could cook everyone one of you guys one. It's just about the only thing I can make that is really great on my grill. Still learning a lot about other stuff and this forum is helping me get there.

Thanks again though guys, when is the next one going to start? This is way too much fun even if I do suck it up at cooking whatever it is!

EDIT***** I just saw where Chris said that I pick the next topic! Holy cow, I wish I would've been online the other day when poll closed! I will scan back through the other ones tonight so I don't copy another one, but if anyone has any great ideas please send me a PM! I will need all the help I can get here.

I kinda like the idea of lamb meat, but I know that a lot of people find the grassiness off putting and every other cut besides ground that I have found is pretty dang expensive and I don't want that to hinder people from participating. Pork hasn't been done has it? Oh the joys of pig fat.

Last edited:

Back