Alright folks just ordered it last night

Matt I

TVWBB Member
After searching for about a month i settled on the WSM 22. I liked the Weber from day 1, but justifying the price vs. the others. Then i found this web site, i read a bunch of posts, this is after reading about the other brands. Well I did not want to purchase a smoker then have to complete multiple upgrades modifications and etc... I watched multiple YouTube videos, and purchased this on Amazon. This was after driving around Charlotte and could not find one. Yes i did go through this site to access Amazon so there should be something coming back for the purchase. Amazon was great, i ordered last night and received an email this will be here tomorrow. No, I did not order next day air, took the free shipping and can not ask for anything better. The downfall is it will arrive on Tuesday, and the weekend is still days away. Now i will be searching for what to cook this weekend, not sure what it will be any suggestions?

One thing i do hope is that Weber appreciates this web site. I wanted a WSM to begin with but then i started looking at other brands. I stumbled across this page and was sold on the WSM.

Happy grillin or Smokin what ever you are doing tonight.

i love my 22.5, and I'm pretty sure yur gonna love yours. Be sure to post some pics of the great food you will be making.
welcome!

hey matt,

you might want to take a few vacation days once it arrives cuz I am addicted... I did a pseudo Harry Soo seasoning of the smoker during the week to play around with all the gear... did a PORK BUTT ( 2 small approx 5 lbers for the first cook) everything i read said to do this to help get it caked up good with some nice grease... i went with smaller size to decr cook time... also went with adding tray of doctored up Bushs beans underneath the butts for an awesome SUPER EASY side... just finished 4th cook sunday... cant wait for next one... lookin at chicken leg quarters (quick and easy) pulled and soaked in hot sauce bath for sandwiches....

Kurt, I appreciate the tip.

I was checking the tracking number for updates on UPS today waiting like a kid for Christmas.

Yes it arrived today, it brings a tear to my eye. Modified the box for my kids and made a play house out of it for them. This thing is huge. My only issue is the cover. Weber packaged the 18" cover with it. But to Weber customer service. I called, took 5 min and they are sending the right size cover will be here in 7 to 10 days. But that is Weber (great customer service). No issues, no questions. I do work out of the house so usually so i am home to use this thing. As luck would have it, I have office meetings for the next 3 days, go figure. I am already driving my wife nuts. Going to hit BJs before the end of the week for some food to cook, but that is ok i need to stock up on some necessary goods (beer and Mt. Dew). Saturday football will be great, and Sunday can not be to bad of a day, Panthers have the week off and cant post an L this week.

Now i just need to find some wood chunks. Charcoal is covered, the local hardware store has better prices than the big box stores and this supports the local small business.

Welcome Matt, you found the right place! There are a lot of good tips and recipes floating around this site.

hi matt
i have a 18.5 wsm and it is the bomb....i would start with chicken. toss a few baking potatoes on there....pork butt is pretty foolproof also.
country style spare ribs are easy...little dry rub and a couple hours at 250.....nice.
whatever you cook , it'll be good. take a few pictures !.......good luck!

Back