Pizza on the Smokey Joe

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I want to be able to use the SJ for pizza when we go on a trips. So I finally tried this last night and here it is. I didn't use a pizza stone. I just put it on a 12 inch aluminum pizza pan. The crust turned out great, but the top edge didn't brown much. I will need to keep practicing this, it was fun.

Neat! Pizza on the grill seems to be something of the Holy Grail of grilling versatility. I use my Kamado Joe egg-style cooker for Pizza at about 500 degrees indirect using a plate setter and stone, and its still a work in progress.

You could cook the crust on the bottom, then flip the crust and add the toppings to help get some more color on the crust.

How long did you leave it on the SJ?

Pat

Hi Pat, I have a ci grate on my SJ. It's one I made a while back that came from a gasser. I am attempting to make a real pizza where it's done in one process. I didn't use a stone either, just the 12 inch pan. I will need to keep practicing. It took about a half hour. And George I cooked it over lump, no special reason other than I had some handy at the time. It was also loaded with toppings. Thanks

Back