Performer cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Barnes

TVWBB Pro
I just ordered myself a Performer form Amazon for my 64th birthday. Supposed to be delivered on the 18th. I was wondering about covers. The "official" Weber covers run in the 35-40 range. Anything generics out there cheaper?

I couldn't find any generic cover. I went ahead and ordered the Weber Performer cover from Amazon using Chris' link of course. That is the cheapest I could find it for with free shipping. I got the 7455 model and am not sure what the difference is between this model and the older model cover.

This cover fits great by the way, but am not sure if it is waterproof as I have my grill under a covered patio anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Erickson:

This cover fits great by the way, but am not sure if it is waterproof as I have my grill under a covered patio anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not water proof. Mine always has some moisture under it after a rain. I think someone posted before about using tent sealer on the seams. I'm going to give that a shot.

I bought a cover to go with my performer also, that was last summer, and its still in the box
icon_redface.gif
My performer is under a covered patio also so it stays out of the weather, I suppose the cover would keep dust/dirt off of it....but who wants to look at a covered grill
icon_wink.gif
If you know anyone who wants one cheap let me know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Reynolds:
Brandon, is your cover for the old or new Performer? If for the older, I may be interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its for the newer performer.

I looked and looked for the old, even checked if Ace could order one. They said they cant order any discontinued models. I had to order one from weber..for $50 (ouch) but...As much free stuff As I have received I cant complain. Plus I like to take care of my stuff. A cover is a must for me. I want my old performer to last many years.

Brandon, How much do you want for the cover?
I would have to have you mail it to me in Rochester, New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back