another new guy from massachusetts

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
IMG_2496_zps5dcc7907.jpg

hello all,
im frank and i live in the suburbs of boston....ive always liked to grill and a few years ago a friend at work gave me a brinkmann smoker that he had no patience for.

this is that smoker......... i liked the red color and i cooked some decent 'cue on it, but that thing was tempermental as all getout.

now i have a weber smoky mountain cooker and ive already turned out some great BBQ in my first few tries with much less effort and almost no swearing.
looking forward to learning from all of you and maybe helping some of you with the little bit ive learned.

good cookin !

HI Frank. I'm new here too. I have the same style of Brinkmann and certainly understand how "temperamental" they are. That's what drove me to this group. I have gotten so frustrated with the Brinkmann that 2 weeks ago i bought a new 18.5 WSM. I'll be firing the WSM up for the first time this weekend. Cheers!

Welcome to the board guys, it's good to have you here. When you have the chance, please share your cooks.... we always enjoy that.

That's ok!!! I have had a few similar cooker(still use one to cook fish only)! You will love the new weber! Take care and share your experiences!

Hi Frank, Welcome aboard. I have a Red Brinkmann too (Mines electric). The WSM's are much much nicer, but I guess I love the challenge. It's also fun to mod the thing like crazy. Nothin' a hack saw and some fire rope can't fix.

Back