New smoker

Geoff Howes

Hello,

So I just got an 18.5" WMS and have never smoked anything before. The link to this site was on the stores web page and I think it's a great site. Looking forward to checking in often.

If anyone has any help to start I welcome all input. Specifically wondering about the placement of the smoker. I have a 4'6" space on the side of my house between brick (no windows) and a chain link fence. Is that enough space? Great for wind shelter.

Thanks in advance for all the recipes.

Geoff.

Welcome Geoff! Congrats on the new smoker and I know you'll enjoy it. I suggest you check out this link.
http://virtualweberbullet.com/
There is a LOT of good information there so please take your time and explore it a little. We look forward to your first cook!

Hi Geoff! Glad to have you on board. I've been hinting at a WSM for xmas but can't decide between the 18 or the 22. Let me know what you think about the size if it and whether you think you'd be happier with a 22. I still have a couple months before I write my letter to Santa!

Welcome G! This site is the one and only you need to perfect your cooking. About the space = aslong as it can stand upright it will do :)

If you have any questions - Dont be a stranger. Ask away :wsm:

Hi Geoff! Glad to have you on board. I've been hinting at a WSM for xmas but can't decide between the 18 or the 22. Let me know what you think about the size if it and whether you think you'd be happier with a 22. I still have a couple months before I write my letter to Santa!

Hey Gabe,

So I have only used it the once so far but had 4 racks of ribs on the top level alone. They were in a rack standing up and only 1 had to be curled a bit. From my limited knowledge I'd say stay with the 18.5 unless you are cooking for 8 or more often. I would just see it needing more fuel to keep the bigger one a temp. I used that 3-2-1 method and it was perfect. Still had the lower rack if I need more ribs on.

Cheers.

Back