Smokin in NE Portland, Oregon

John Zell

TVWBB Member
Hi folks,

Just fired up for my first time this weekend my Weber Bullet, of sorts. I bought a Smoke EZ for my Weber grill. Yesterday, Saturday, I followed the Wet Rub method (from the cooking topics section on the main site) and smoked a 11# brisket. It worked well as I matched the timeline/temps to the tee. Today I smoked a large batch of fall Chinook and summer steelhead. A digital probe thermometer is your friend.

Gotta learn how little charcoal it really takes to smoke for X amount of time at X temp.

It's really fun though and I am learning....and hope to learn more from reading all that you folks have experienced.

jz

welcome to our playground John, hope you enjoy your stay :wsm:

right now, i could go for a plate of that smoked chinook;)

Klahowya there John! Portland is a wonderful place with a great food culture. I use a Smokenator on my Weber, much smaller than the Smoke EZ, so I'm a bit envious. When I'm finished smoking, I simply shut my Weber up and reuse the left over charcoal on my next smoke.

I was able to capture the unburned charcoal from the brisket but not from the salmon.

Wonder if there has been any smoking nerds that have measured records of how many briquettes it takes to burn for this long at that temp?

Wonder if there has been any smoking nerds that have measured records of how many briquettes it takes to burn for this long at that temp?
ummm.... you BET there has

Back