Does anyone know what this is?

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I bought an old 22.5 and this came with it. The older man who sold it to me didn't know what it was. I think it's a corn and potato holder. It sets over the grill perfectly. Does anyone out there have one? I would like to try it but it's really rusty.

You are correct. I saw one on ebay recently and it was described as a corn and potato holder. I believe it was a Weber product. The packaging looked very old on the ebay item.

yep, thats what it is. i'm still looking for one. just get a 2 or 3 in wire wheel to it. it will clean up just fine. then keep it oiled.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
yep, thats what it is. i'm still looking for one. just get a 2 or 3 in wire wheel to it. it will clean up just fine. then keep it oiled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>George, you were still looking for one. Send me a PM. Happy Easter, Shaun
icon_smile.gif

I was lucky enough to find one a couple of years ago on ebay. It was in the original packaging with a date of 1977 on it. My father used one for years and it's a lot sturdier than the ones that Weber sells now.

I got one about one month ago. It was brand new with a aged box--1970s? I had never seen one before. It works beautifully with all kinds of potatoes and you do not need the cooking grate either: it will sit on the internal clips.

Gary

Back