Greetings from Barr in Greentown, PA

Barr S

Hello Folks,

My name is Barr (a/k/a Barrbqn) and this is my first post here. I have owned a 18.5 inch WSM for many years now and a few months ago I decided to buy the 22 incher. Yesterday, in preparation of a special event at my church, I smoked about 15 lbs of pork butts and two 6-lb chickens and I just took off six additional chickens for a total of eight using Kingsford Charcoal and local hickory. Left to make is a triple batch of block party beans (always the consummate crowd-pleaser); the homemade BBQ sauce, for those who simply HAVE to have sauce on their BBQ regardless how good it is without, has also been prepared.

I am always interesting in learning new BBQ techniques and I hope to be able to share the knowledge that I have acquired through my 10 years of trials and tribulations.

Barr

Welcome to the forum Barr! Glad you signed up, you'll have fun here!
Hope your stay is most enjoyable:wsm:

Hi Barr and welcome aboard.

I also have an 18 1/2" and a 22 1/2" WSM. Sounds like you are and old hand!

Bob

Welcome Barr and I hope you enjoy it here. Sounds like you know your way around a smoker so we look forward to your posts. You live in a nice part of the state. Promised Land State Park is one of our favorite places.

Thanks Rolf. I also lived in Blue Bell, Montgomery until 2008. You're right, this is a really nice part of the state.

Back