HI from Citrus Heights, CA.

Craig Morgan

Been reading this forum for a few months now, along with a few other sources. Got myself so excited that I finally got a WSM 18.5 last weekend from Chris. Thx Chris!! Cooked my first chickens last night. They rocked! I'm looking forward to a lot more Q in my future and hopefully making some friends here and learning as I go.

- Craig

Welcome aboard, Craig...
You got a smokin' deal on that 18.5"...same weapon that I use; plus you got personalized instructions..very cool!

Hey neighbor, Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see people from the area here. Congrats on your purchase!

welcome from orangeville buddy. orangevale meats on kenneth and madison has some good cuts of meat. manny runs the place. jerry is cool also.

Ok fellow smokers, I tried the basic chicken recipe from this site and it came out excellent. I then tried the basic rib recipe, http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/rib4.html, and it came out a little on the dry side. It tasted great, but just wasn't very juicy. I followed the directions verbatim. Any thoughts on what I did wrong, or how to do a better job next time?

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Glad you're enjoying the WSM! Your ribs were probably a little overcooked. How much longer did you cook past the initial 3 hours?

Regards,
Chris

Back