Wings on the Q320

Ken_K

TVWBB Super Fan
I haven't had wings in a while and it was a beautiful day out today so I decided to remedy my wing deficit.

I preheated to about 400 then I seasoned them with WRC and put them on an indirect setup ala Phil Hartcher. I turned off the center burner and ran the outside burner at just between the 2nd and 3rd hash mark up from low on the knob. On my grill that keeps about 350 degrees. I basically followed Larry Wolfe's wing cook, except for the sauce. I used about half a bottle of SBR and added 1/4 cup of Sriracha, and about two teaspoons of Datil Pepper Gold hot sauce.

Here they are going on the grill...

DSCN0484.jpg

I ran them for an hour @350, then sauced, then back on for 15 minutes, then sauced again and back on for another 14 minutes. It really built up a nice thick layer of sauce.

Off the grill...

DSCN0486.jpg

Man were these good. The sauce had a nice front-end sweetness with a back-end heat that warmed the back of the throat.

The sad remains...

DSCN0487.jpg

Looks like you put the hurt on the wings Ken!

But I can see why, they look great!
The SBR/Sriracha sauce sounds nice too!

Looks like an easy clean-up set-up also.

Ken
They should be in a completion.
Absolutely fantastic, I doubt that even I could do them so good and I have a masters degree in wings (LoL).
A hint when using the foil indirect set-up. When you clean-up after spray the grill with a little oil as the foil has a tendency to reflect the heat and burn everything of the grill. My grill is starting to rust because of it.

Well done.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Phil, thanks for the tip, I went and sprayed the grate with some canola spray.

Glad I took a peek in here Ken - One heck-of-a job. Nice looking cook and the color was no less than spectacular. Thanks for sharing. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back