Ohayo from Japan!

DanM

Hello everyone new to the site USAF service member serving in Japan. Trying to enjoy, some good home BBQ here in Japan.

Welcome Daniel! What are you cooking on? And a big congrats for finding the best BBQ site on the Web.

Welcome to the forum Daniel. I'm curious about what you smoke over there, is there a difference in quality and style of cut regarding beef and pork? I know about Kobe beef, have you tried that?

Welcome aboard! I'm in the Philippines and after the same sort of thing. What are you using to barbecue on? Do they sell Webers in the PX or can you special order them? I'd be interested to hear how beef and pork stack up over there too. I'm sure the Kobe beef is very expensive for weekend barbecue, but I imagine there are some great cuts of meat available.

There is a pretty strong contingent of Koreans in the Philippines these days and their cuisine is strongly influenced by Japan. They do pork belly that you usually grill yourself at your table. So a bit of salt and sugar, a little cure #1 and you can be smoking bacon, my current passion, along with the traditional barbecue!

Welcome Dan. You may be our first member in Japan. Keep us informed of your grilling activities. Cheers!

You may be our first member in Japan.

We have two others, but neither have been active in quite a while.

To find members by location, click "Community" and then "Member List" at the top of the page. Then do an advanced search by location and you get 3 results for Japan!

Regards,
Chris

Back