Build start!

Carl Soltow

Build start! COMPLETE W/Pics

Found the Info and Bookmarked it.

Well a spare cooking rack arrived last week, The 32qt IMUSA steamer pot just arrived I will be off to ACE to check out either a gold or silver to see what will fit. Then it is 6 Stainless steel bolts for the lower and upper cook grates.
If anyone has some links to a build that would be great thank you

Any recommendations to use either gold or silver? recommendations on locating the material to build a charcoal basket (EM)?
I will post pics soon

Update
m28102.jpg

m28104.jpg

m28103.jpg

m28105.jpg

m28106.jpg

m28107.jpg

Carl

Last edited:
Ok Just got back from local Ace Hdware, picked up a smokey gold and some SS nuts and bolts (1-1/4,10-32) for mounting the grates

Depends on if you will also want to use your smokey joe without the pot to grill. For versatility, I vote for the SJS since it has superior grilling capabilities and the ash clogging issue is simply solved by holes in a can or small SS pet dish upside down.

Well I went with the gold. I have a 22" weber kettle that was a yard sale find last year that started me off, I have used it for indirect cooking/smoking all summer even did a pizza on it with fire brick on the cook grate and the pizza on it in a pan.
Just trying to decide the location for the rack, I'm thinking 5 inches down from the top? Most builds I have read about are between 4-5 inches 5 inches will give plenty of room and I think I should have room at the bottom ring to do B Potatoes ABT's or veggies

UPDATE Project complete!!
Going off to the grocery store to find something to cook? I am going to try two wrapped fire bricks as a heat sink, Thoughts? And I will use BK with some hickory and 10 lit coals in middle for minion method? Wish luck, OH pics will be posted later if I can get the camera charged
Anyone if the charcoal does not look like the right set up please make suggestions, I have the vents open about 1/4" and top vent wide open I put 5 johnsonville beer brats on just for a test I waited a half hour and it was at about 235 when the brats went
keeping fingers crossed all will be ok

carl:

Last edited:

Back