Anaheim Peppers - What to Do?

Robert T.

TVWBB Super Fan
I ended up with a boatload of Anaheim peppers from my garden this year. Probably look to make some green chile sauce but does anyone have other good ideas? I am new to the chile sauce so any thoughts on recipe would be appreciated. In addition, I do have a number of very hot peppers (similar to scotch bonnets) and looking to make some hot sauce. Any recipe help for hot sauce would also be great.

Thanks,

Buckeye Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert T.:
I ended up with a boatload of Anaheim peppers from my garden this year. Probably look to make some green chile sauce but does anyone have other good ideas? I am new to the chile sauce so any thoughts on recipe would be appreciated. In addition, I do have a number of very hot peppers (similar to scotch bonnets) and looking to make some hot sauce. Any recipe help for hot sauce would also be great.

Thanks,

Buckeye Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not make some hot pepper jelly?

That - and/or freeze whole till ready to use. You can also roast, peel then chop and freeze.

Hot Pepper Sauce

1 pound fresh ripe hot peppers, chopped

2 cups apple cider or white balsamic vinegar

2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed

2 teaspoons salt

1/8-1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional

Combine the chiles, garlic and vinegar in a pot and heat over medium heat. Stir in the salt and sugar, if using, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool, and place in a blender. Purée till smooth and place in a glass jar. Let steep for 2 weeks in the fridge. Remove, strain the sauce, and adjust the consistency by adding more vinegar if needed.

Back