Greetings from the Great Northwest

Dan Hadd

Hey there,

Name's Dan, and up to now I've been using ECBs, but not anymore!
Now I'm ready to dive into the waters of my 22.5 WSM... And for my first cook... a 22 pound brisket for Labor Day.
I caught myself asking for turkeys... people think I'm crazy for asking for turkeys now instead of November, but I always try
to smoke a few birds before Thanksgiving just to make sure I get the temps right.:D

I've read some great stuff about ECBs and think they are super introduction to low cost smoking. I really admire your ambition for the brisket. I've been watching old BBQ Pitmasters season 1 shows and learning about brisket. I've never done one, but if I find a decent looking one, it his high on my list of new things to try. Good luck with it.

Post how your turkey experiments go. I want to smoke one on my Weber kettle this year. They are so expensive here, so not much chance of trying it out ahead of time. Using the Kettle and Smokenator, I am a bit more challenged for high temperatures. So I am planning on warm smoking at 225F or so for a few hours and then moving to the oven to get a nice steady high temp to finish.

Tatoosh

Welcome to the forums, Dan!

Wow, 22 lb. brisket!:eek: Hope you post a few pics of the cook in the Photo Gallery. Enjoy your new WSM.

Welcome to the addiction Dan! I also started with the ECB and turkey was my first victim! You will find lots of great folks and ideas on this site!

Glad to have you Dan - You are a bit east of me. I'm on Hood Canal south of Seattle. Many many years ago I lived in your part of the country on lake Couer D'Alene. Welcome aboard and look forward to hearing about some of your cooks. Bob :wsm:

Back